Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
Tune Talk Pocket WiFi is a wireless portable dongle that works seamlessly without requiring any setup or installation. Simply switch on and connect.
2. What are the devices that can be connected to the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
Tune Talk Pocket WiFi works with any Wi-Fi enabled device such as mobile phones, laptops, and anything that can connect to Wi-Fi (e.g. game console).
3. How to use the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
a. Press and hold the Power Button for 2 seconds until the LED light appears on the device.
b. Once the Wi-Fi LED indicators turns green, the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi is ready to connect.
c. Configure the Wi-Fi setting on your device by searching “TuneTalkWiFi” network and key in the password provided on the dongle.
4. Does the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi work with carrier-locked devices?
Yes, it works with carrier-locked devices.
5. How many devices can be connected to the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
It can be connected to eight different devices. However, please note that the connection speed will be shared among the devices which may result in slower speed.
6. How long does the battery last?
A Tune Talk Pocket WiFi will last up to 12 hours when it is connected to one device. The device can be charged via USB cable provided.
7. How to make calls with the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
Tune Talk Pocket WiFi does not allow users to make regular voice calls. However, you may make Voice Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls such as WhatsApp, Skype, Viber etc.
8. How to send text messages/ messages with the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
Tune Talk Pocket WiFi does not allow regular SMS/MMS via cellular network. However, you may send messages via instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Telegram etc.
9. How is the network coverage?
We are partnering with the biggest network operators worldwide to ensure that you get the best and fastest connection.
10. What will happen to my connection as I move from one country to another country?
You may lose connectivity briefly when crossing the national border as you will have to connect to a new network. However, as soon as you are connected, your connectivity will be seamless.
11. Will there be any coverage on a cruise or ?
The device will not operate while in open water. However, the closer you get to the land, your device will start to pick up a network, signal or coverage.
12. If my mobile phone receives a signal, will my Tune Talk Pocket WiFi operate the same way?
No, mobile phone connects to a different network than our Tune Talk Pocket WiFi. Tune Talk Pocket WiFi connects to the data network (2G, 3G, LTE, 4G) while mobile phone connects to cellular network.
13. Estimated Data Usage/Consumption:
14. How many days in advance should I book the device?
It is advised to book your Tune Talk Pocket WiFi at least 5 working days before your departure date.
15. Where to collect the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi device?
a. Kuala Lumpur International Airport Terminal 1
b. Kuala Lumpur International Airport Terminal 2
c. Kota Kinabalu International Airport (Coming Soon)
d. Penang International Airport (Coming Soon)
16. How to return the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
At the end of your travel, pack your Tune Talk Pocket WiFi along with its accessories into the pouch provided and return them to the same collection point earlier.
17. What happens if the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi is not returned, missing or damaged?
You will need to return the device within 3 days after your travel end date. A fee will be incurred for any losses or damages as stated below.
18. How to start using the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
Step 1: Download Tune Talk Pocket WiFi App and install the App on your mobile phone.
Step 2: Follow the steps to create an account.
Step 3: Choose a data plan that your needs. (Skip this step if you have ordered a data plan with your device purchase.
Step 4: Link the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi to App by scanning the QR code on the back of the
Step 5: Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn on the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi. (If you are not able to turn on the dongle, kindly charge it until it is fully-charged.)
Step 6: Open the Wi-Fi setting on your mobile phone and search for “TuneTalkWiFi” network. Then, key in the password on the dongle and connect it to your device.
19. Can I amend my booking information after booking the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi?
You may manage your plans via the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi App or contact us via WhatsApp at +60 10500 8080 for further assistance.
20. Who should I contact if I require assistance?
You may contact us via WhatsApp at +60 10500 8080 daily for further assistance.
Terms and Conditions (T&Cs)
The rental of the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi devices (hereinafter defined as “Device”) is hereby understood and acknowledge by the customer subject to all the terms and conditions herein:
General Terms of Service
1. Download Tune Talk Pocket WiFi App and install the App on your mobile phone.
2. “Customer” shall mean the person placing an order for the rental of the Device for the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi service (hereinafter defined as “Service).
3. It is hereby agreed and understood by the Customer that Tune Talk shall provide the Device on a rental basis.
4. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that the Customer shall submit an electronic order form (hereinafter defined as “Form”) to Tune Talk for the rental intention of the Device in the event the Customer intends to rent the Device.
5. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that Tune Talk has the absolute and sole discretion to either acceptor reject the Form.
6. In the event Tune Talk decides to accept the Form, Tune Talk shall email and notify the Customer on the said acceptance. For the avoidant of doubt, the said acceptance shall be legally binding.
Purchase and Rental of Products
1. The Customer hereby understood and agrees to comply with all the guidelines, notices, operating rules, policies and instructions pertaining to the rental of Device, alongside with any amendments made by Tune Talk. Tune Talk shall have the absolute right and discretion to revise these guidelines, notices, operating rules, policies and instructions at any time and the Customer shall be aware of and be bound by any changes upon the publication of Tune Talk.
2. The Customer hereby understood that orders and subscriptions shall be placed via the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi App. Tune Talk hereby reserves the absolute right and discretion to refuse the Device application Form to any Customers should Tune Talk deems necessary, for instance but not limited to inappropriate and/or indecent communication from Customers and/or potential abuse of service rendered.
3. All orders shall be deemed irrevocable and unconditional upon the acceptance by Tune Talk.
1. For the purpose of registration and verification, the Customer shall provide their card details in the event of any loss or damage of the Device. Customer shall thereafter pay for the rental of Device by using the payment methods provided by Tune Talk.
2. In the event the device ordered by the Customer became unavailable, Tune Talk shall at their best endeavour notify the Customer on the issue as soon as practical.
3. The Customer hereby understood that the price of the plan alongside with the Device may fluctuate. For the avoidance of doubt, the Customer shall pay the rental of the plan alongside with the Device at the price that was illustrated and stated when the order was placed.
4. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that they shall be charged on the first day of their selected date.
5. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that in the event that they decide to place an order for the Device only on specific dates or days, they shall only be charged based on the number of days selected, upon the submission of their order.
6. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that the Customer’s payment gateway (credit card, debit card, FPX and etc) shall be debited upon the successful placement of the order.
7. In the event Tune Talk offers any offers or discount (hereinafter defined as “Offers”), the Customer hereby understood that the Offers shall be calculated upon checkout and before the application of any postage or packaging charges (if any).
8. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that in the event that the Customer fails to make any payment pursuant to the terms and conditions contained herein or in the event that the payment is void and cancelled for any reason, Tune Talk shall have the absolute right and discretion to cancel or suspend the order without prejudice, until the payment is settled in full.
Refund of Payment
1. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that any refund shall be made via the original payment mechanism and to the person who made the payment.
2. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that Tune talk does not guarantee the timeline of the refund process as the refund process subjects to Customer’s respective banks and/or payment provider’s internal processing timeline.
3. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that all costs associated with the refund process imposed by the processing bank and/or payment provider shall be borne by the Customer.
4. The Customer hereby understood and agrees that all refunds are conditional, upon the acceptance of a valid return of Device by Tune Talk. The Customer further understood that Tune Talk reserves the absolute right and discretion to modify the mechanism of the refund process at any time without having to serve any notice.
Refund of Device
1. The Customer hereby understood and accepts that the Customer shall return the Device and terminate the subscription via the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi app. The Customer shall thereafter return the Device to Tune Talk.
2. The Customer hereby understood and accepts that the Customer shall return the device within three working (3) days after the termination of the plan via the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi App. A security deposit of Ringgit Malaysia One Hundred only (RM100) shall be forfeited in the event the device is not returned to Tune Talk or in the event of three (3) days non-usage.
3. The Customer hereby understood and accepts that the following fees shall be imposed in the event of loss or damage of the Device:
Fair Usage Policy (FUP)
1. The Customer hereby understood and accepts that the Device and its service has a capacity, and its limit is further detailed in the Fair Usage Policy below mentioned, outlining the threshold of the number of units (minutes, seconds, kilobytes etc.) utilised by Customers: –
a) All Services are subject to the Customer’s fair, reasonable and non-excessive usage of the Services, as reasonably determined by Tune Talk with reference to average or estimated normal customer usage patterns of the Services (“Fair Usage”). Tune Talk shall consider the Customer’s usage excessive or unreasonable in the event Tune Talk determines that the Customer’s use of the Services materially exceeds the average or estimated normal use over any period(s), is detrimental to other customers’ ability to use Tune Talk’s Services, or adversely affects our operations.
b) Services that are described as unlimited are subject to the applicable Specific Terms & Conditions and this Fair Usage provision. All free or unlimited Services are strictly for the Customer’s personal and non-commercial use. The Customer further agree that a free or unlimited Service does not mean that the Customer can use the Service excessively or for any prohibited activities stated.
c) The Customer shall be deemed to have excessively used the Services if the Customer exceeds advertised data usage per day. The Customer’s data access speed will be limited to a lower speed if the Customer exceed the Customer’s allocated daily local data amounts. The speed limit will be lifted at 00:01 hours (GMT +0800) on the following day.
d) Tune Talk may use traffic prioritisation policies and technology for these Services to protect Tune Talk’s Network and improve the overall performance amongst Tune Talk’s customers without any notice to the Customer.
2. The Customer hereby understood and accepts that the Internet Service Provider (ISP) implementation of data limit and Fair Usage Policy (FUP) in each country may vary and differ, depending on the local authority and laws.
3. The Customer hereby understood and acknowledged that the bandwidth speed of the Device may be affected when it is accessed and shared by multiple devices.
4. The Customer further understood and accepts that the Customer may experience slow data speed or that the data shall be temporarily idle for a period of time, in the event the data usage has exceeded the assigned limit. For the avoidance of doubt, the exceed data shall not incur any additional cost.
Termination of Service
1. The Customer hereby understood and accepts that in the event the Customer intends to terminate the Service, customer shall terminate the Service plan via the Tune Talk Pocket WiFi mobile application and thereafter return the device to Tune Talk.
Cancellation of Order
1. The Customer hereby understood and accepts that in the event the Customer intends to cancel the Service, customer shall do so at least five (5) days prior usage date as follows:
a. Contact WhatsApp at +60105008080; or
b. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
c. Written notice via Contact Us page within Tune Talk’s mobile application.